I am finding the WordPress blogging experience to be both satisfying and a little toxic. On one hand, it is wonderful and fulfilling because I am getting a chance to reflect on past travels and get back into writing. I look forward to getting home from work and sitting at the computer for a while as I click clack away in the endeavor to remember and share wonderful traveling experiences. But on the other hand, all of this thinking, reading, and writing about travel is messing with my head! It is like a toxin spreading through the more reasonable parts of my mind. It is tainting my patience, logic, and self-control with the urgent feeling of MUST TRAVEL NOW!!! I find myself going to Travelocity and Kayak and Tripadvisor to search for deals, and then quickly minimizing the screen when anyone comes in the room. Don’t mind me! I’m just sitting in front of the blank screen! I am having arguments in my mind about traveling: Where? Who cares! When do we have time for a trip? We’ll make time! Can we even afford it? Don’t worry, we’ll give up some luxury items. Like car insurance and shoes for the kids!
You see my problem here, right? I think I am sick. I need help! Unfortunately, my therapist is no help. Probably because she is my mom and she also loves to travel! 😛
Well, I am trying to redirect my travel-crazed thoughts into something a little more productive, like a wish list! This way, when I read people’s blogs about amazing places like Cusco and Greece and the Maldives, I don’t have to call my husband at work that very second to beg him to sell all his belongings–not mine!–and buy us tickets to wherever. Instead, I can add it to the list (and then bug him when he gets home! 😉 ) So anyway, here it goes…
Up On Deck:
- Southern Caribbean cruise in July 2017 (no new ports, but bringing some semi-newbie cruisers along)
- Scotland trip in June 2018 (Edinburgh, the Highlands, Orkney Islands, & Isle of Skye)
- Possible Hawaii trip in 2018
My Wish List:
- Egypt (I have been, but the rest of the family has not. My 5 year old is ready to see some mummies, haha! Hopefully by the time we make this trip a reality, he will also care about the history! 😉 )
- Greek Islands
- More of Italy: Amalfi Coast & Cinque Terre
- Hallstatt, Austria
- Peru (Cusco & Machu Picchu!!)
- New Zealand
- Prince Edward Island (Thanks a lot, Anne of Green Gables!)
- More of the U.S. (especially East Coast)
- Lake Tahoe
My Dreaming Wish List:
- The Maldives
- African Safari
Is That It?
Probably not. I am sure I will add more places over time (“over time” probably more like later this week when I read another blog featuring an amazing destination)! And in reality, I should just admit it that my travel wish list is “EVERYWHERE,” but making a list will make it easier to check some boxes!
Happy Travels, Everyone!