* Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
* Write a post to show your blog award.
* Give a brief story about how your blog started.
* Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
* Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
* Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
A big thank you to Liz from Running on Liz Time for the nomination! Be sure to stop by her blog to read about her amazing trips (25 countries in 9 months!), traveling advice, and experiences as she awaits her next adventure! You can check her out here: https://runningonliztime.wordpress.com
A little over a year ago, my friend suggested that I start a blog. I think she thought that I needed an outlet–other than her!–for all of my obsessive travel talk! I thought, sure, why not, so I hopped onto WordPress and started Travelnerdplans. I then proceeded to write one whole post and… completely forgot about it! Great start, right?!
About three months ago, I got an email from WordPress that said I had a follower. What??? A follower for my one measly post a year after the fact? How can that happen? But casting all questions and logic aside, I determined I could not let my one follower down-I must write! 😛
I later realized that my one follower was actually travelnerdplans. Yeah, that’s me. Not sure how I managed to follow myself on my own blog that I forgot existed. Maybe it is WordPress’ crafty way to reignite one’s interest in their blog (in which case, well played, WordPress, well played!). But regardless of how I became the one solitary follower who got me back on and blogging away, here I am now, and glad for it! I am happy to have an outlet for both my love of travel and my long-forgotten love for writing. 🙂
2 Suggestions for New Bloggers:
1. Don’t forget your blog exists! 😉 Seriously though, don’t neglect to give it some love and attention. At first I felt a little awkward about it (like who in the world cares about my my day in St. Croix or how I broke a hotel door??) and even considered dropping the blog, but then the more I persisted, I came to realize that I really enjoy the process of reflecting and writing about travel. I am glad I kept it up in the beginning long enough to realize I love it!
2. If you are like me and feeling a little lost or awkward at first, do some research or reach out to fellow bloggers for tips. I am very glad a blogging friend of mine (Valerie at Sprinkled With Zest) stepped in and offered me advice and encouragement. This helped me continue on a little less self-consciously and with a few more ideas.
Okay, these nominations are in no particular order. Also, I am sure some of these awesome bloggers have already tackled this very assignment, so I’m sorry if this is a repeat! That said, here is my list of nominated blogs:
1. Jaspa’s Journal
2. Voguing Vixen
3. Cooking with a Wallflower
4. Travelling Around the World (Ester)
5. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
6. Always a Foreigner
7. Jen Stewie, Overseas
8. Travels with Diane
9. Eat Live Travel Drink
10. Wandering Expat Family
11. Jules Verne Times Two
12. Swede in Barca
13. Tiny Kelsie
14. The Travelling Diary of a Dippy-Dotty Girl
The final part of this award is to comment on each of these blogs and let them know I’ve nominated them! I am on it!
Okay, I think that’s it! Thanks for reading! 🙂